Decorate small rooms

Old 09-07-02, 10:24 AM
LuvMyMobile
Visiting Guest
Question Decorate small rooms

Hi! Nice forum! I'm usually over at the Mobile Homes Forum but, I'm having a decorating dilemma. I'm in the process of remodeling and redecorating my mobile home. Of course, the rooms are small and the ceilings are low, 7' to be exact. I've picked up a lot of good ideas here but, my question is, Is 1 1/2-3" crown molding a good idea in small rooms? What color should I paint small crown molding to help visually with height and space?, should it be the same color as the wall or the ceiling? I also want to add wainscoting. Could you give me your opinion on the visual effect of painting the entire wall one color or painting the wainscoting one color and top portion of wall another color. Im using this treatment for a 12x14 living room, one side of a 10x12 kitchen and down a narrow hall that's about 3x25. I've seen it used tons of ways in many situations but no idea on the look in a small, low ceiling, mobile home.

Thanks for ANY ideas!!!!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 09-10-02, 10:04 AM
birdwoman
Visiting Guest
I think crown moulding would be great in a small room. It would add character and finish it off. As for the painting in the LR, when you do the wains. a different color from the rest of the wall, it will takes away height, and make the ceiling feel lower. I tried it once and hated it. If you want spaciousness go with all one color.

Old 09-10-02, 12:48 PM
LuvMyMobile
Visiting Guest
Thanks!

Thanks for your input Birdwoman!
Do you think the moulding should be painted the ceiling color or the wall color, to help the low ceiling?
Thanks Again!

Old 09-10-02, 01:57 PM
birdwoman
Visiting Guest
Are you painting the ceiling white? If so, you want the crown m. white. Having the ceiling white would also give height to the room.

Old 09-10-02, 02:48 PM
LuvMyMobile
Visiting Guest
Thanks Again!

White Ceiling and white mouldings it will be Thanx!