coordinating color/furniture

Old 09-10-02, 09:58 AM
birdwoman
Visiting Guest
Question coordinating color/furniture

I am going to build a new home. We are down-sizing from formal living room and family room to a large great room open to dining area and possibly kitchen. I want muted greens, gold, yellow, in my kitchen and dining room. ( I love the outdoors and nature and it reflects in my style, using antiques with leaves and leaf prints, twigs and vines). I have collected some antique platters and tea pots that have those colors along with bits of purple, warm reds. But here is the problem: I have a deep navy leather sofa/love/chair/ottoman that will be in the great room. What color can I paint the walls? I was thinking of doing a faux finish with gold colors. But I also want to tie in little splashes of red and green shades. Is this going to work where it will all be running together? I want to keep the leather, and all of the things I decorate with now, art, antiques, ets... in the kitchen/dining. Help,I need some inspiration!

Sponsored Links
Old 09-10-02, 03:09 PM
pmgca
Visiting Guest
Coordinating color

Hi, birdwoman

Perhaps you can consider a "color integrator" as the silver colors. It will help to integrate the kitchen greens and the sofa.

But if you are going to build, the best is to choose the exact color for that room. Ask to your architect or designer for 3D images of the room, with lights, shadows and then, choose the colors

Hope this helps!!!

Old 11-01-02, 12:36 PM
kjbcrev99
Visiting Guest
coordinating color

I think the faux finish idea sounds wonderful!
You could tie in the other colors with tablecloths, pillows, curtains or on the walls with crown molding or a chair rail. Maybe a bank of pics framed in the same color frame.