Picket fence on walls of nursery

Old 09-14-02, 06:51 PM
meldonhirsch
Visiting Guest
Picket fence on walls of nursery

I am due to have a baby (sex not known yet) in 3 months. We would like to put picket fences on the walls, does anyone have any ideas? E-mail me at [email protected]

Sponsored Links
Old 09-14-02, 08:45 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I have thought about doing something similar in our family room to make it look more like a sunroom (large room, lots of sunlight) and haven't decided whether or not to use actually fencing attached to the wall with grass and flowers painted on the walls, to paint it all, or to hang wallpaper with that pattern on it instead.

I also thought about the lattice look, too. Were you wanting to do any of the above? I think that it would be light, airy and fun for any baby's room.

Kay

Old 09-17-02, 09:19 AM
shelleybond
Visiting Guest
Hi, meldonhirsch--Last night on a decorating show called "Decorating Cents" (or maybe "Decorating Sense") they did a cheaper version of an expensive designer kids room. The bed head/foot was made like a picket fence, and the fence effect continued on the walls. The fence was made using plywood. They cut out the fence shape, painted, and nailed that puppy on the walls. They also painted flowers, butterflies, etc., on the walls. Was a very cute room. I think it was the H & G station. You might want to check their web site (H&G may be one of the Discovery Channel(s)). If you can't find the web site but want more detail on the room and how they did it, let me know soon.

Best,
Shelley

Old 09-17-02, 09:27 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
www.hgtv.com

I know that site by heart now. I wanted to see that show yesterday, but zonked out since I've been sick. I will have to check out the website and see if they put the how-tos up there. I vaguely remember seeing that one before and it was so cute, and really nice, too. Probably where I got the idea of using lattice in the family room.

Like Shelley said, TLC and Discovery channels also have decorating shows that have some neat ideas. Most do put the basics of the show on the website.

If you can't find the url for their websites, then go to www.google.com and type in the name of the station and it will search for the actual website address for you.

Good luck and let us know what you decide!

Kay

Old 09-17-02, 09:40 AM
shelleybond
Visiting Guest
I just checked out the web site for you. I had the name of the show wrong--here's the URL for the writeup on the kid's room -- http://www.hgtv.com/HGTV/project/0,1..._37262,00.html The show was actually "Sensible Chic", so go to the Home and Garden Television site, click on TV shows, then Sensible Chic and then "Little Girl's Room".

Best,
Shelley