Kitchen colors...I haven't a clue!

Old 11-03-02, 07:14 PM
sancho
Visiting Guest
Unhappy Kitchen colors...I haven't a clue!

Sure, I can pick out what looks good to me now, but I don't have any input from others .

Flooring, counter top, tile. What are colors that you like? Help with mixing colors betwen these three areas would be great.

Please, help.

sancho

Last edited by pmgca; 11-04-02 at 07:08 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-02, 08:07 PM
eduhfajita
Visiting Guest
Well they say that beauty lies on the eyes of the beholder (or something like that). Don't you see Trading Spaces? They can do from marvels to horror places. The last kitchen they did: yellow walls, black countertops and white cabinets, beautiful!, but you have to know how to combine those colors. Anyway, you can go to TLC and then to Trading Spaces in your computer and maybe you will find something you'll like.

Good luck!

Eduh

Old 11-04-02, 07:29 AM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Kitchen colors

Pick up some kitchen design magazines for ideas. You can also visit some kitchen showrooms for ideas.

Old 11-04-02, 05:12 PM
eduhfajita
Visiting Guest
Hi, it's me again:

OK, I went to TLC, Trading Spaces and picked up the ones I liked the most. You can go there and see if you like them. (I supposed we are talking about any kitchen, not a very expensive one?)
Go to Before and After Galley, so you can see the kitchen as it was before and after the change.
These are my chosen ones:

From Season One:
Buckhead: Center Road - Sue's Kitchen
Cincinnati: Melrose Avenue - Clyde and Kathys Kitchen
San Diego: Hermes Avenue - June and Mike's Kitchen

From Season Two:
Chicago: Fairview Avenue - Gen's Room
Oakland: Webster Street - Gen's Room
(My favorites)

From Season Three
Long Island: Split Rock - Gen's Room and Vern's Room (Both)

Well, I hope this help you. Let me know what you finally did.

Eduh

Old 12-18-02, 01:48 PM
sancho
Visiting Guest
Well, I went first with a very, very, very light blue. It looked white in the can. A friend of mine kept saying, "Put some color in this kitchen."

After I got the paint on, I looked at the walls and said, "What in the world did I just do?!! My walls are BLUE!!

Next day I primed over it all and went to the paint store. I had him mix me some paint with the same tint as the primer (Off-white with a gray tint). Looks GREAT! Put down a ceramic-look Pergo floor, color was called Light Pewter.

Cabinets are beautiful Oak with a Granite look formica top by Wilson Art. It has black, white, medium and light gray and a few other colors my color-blind eyes don't pickout.

White Fridgidaire Side-by-side, a black Maytag dishwasher and a white Kenmore range and Microhood.

I did a knock-down ceiling.

Haven't decided on tile color for the backsplash yet.

Any ideas?

Last edited by sancho; 12-18-02 at 09:57 PM.