Looking for a Painting/Design program...

Old 11-09-02, 02:56 PM
Selina
Visiting Guest
Wink Looking for a Painting/Design program...

I am building a house, and plan on painting the interior myself.
I am looking for a website or computer program to integrate colors into a room.

For instance, maybe something that will give me an empty room with white walls. Then I can go in and add different colors on the walls, trim, flooring etc. I'd like to try different color combinations to match my furniture before I actually go out and purchase the paint products.

I'd prefer something on the web rather than buying a program/cd, but any advice is very much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-09-02, 04:33 PM
pmgca
Visiting Guest
Painting /Design

Hi Selina,

I know hundred of programs (I am not joking), I use eight for work. The main problem is that if you intend to put a floorplan plus furniture, you will need a very expensive program, and you'll need some high computer resources.

You can see some samples of different programs at my Home page

http://www3.sympatico.ca/pmgjdk

After it, if you want to tell me the resources of your computer, I can give you a better advice.

Regards,

Old 11-11-02, 08:16 PM
MESHE
Visiting Guest
Hi, like Selina I have been searching for the same sort of program. All I want is a room with white walls that I can paint trim and walls etc to check the final look. I went to the site suggested and found nothing. Does anyone have any ideas?

Old 11-12-02, 05:37 AM
pmgca
Visiting Guest
Design program

Hi,

The site I suggested is not a site about software, but about design. (is my own Home Page) You can see samples of the results of the different programs I use.

As I asked before, it will depends of the resources of your computer, if you give me more inofrmation, I will be glad to help.

Best,

Old 11-12-02, 03:52 PM
Selina
Visiting Guest
Computer Resources

My computer is a dell - 60 gig harddrive, and 2 gig processor.
It is capable of pretty much any software program.

What I prefer is a website, without having to buy expensive software. I'm not looking to design, just something very basic to see how two colors look together. Are you aware of any web based programs?

Old 11-12-02, 04:07 PM
MESHE
Visiting Guest
Smile

Myself included. My computer was designed at home and is about the same as Selina's and all I would like is a website to get an insite on walls with trim. So resourses on the computer is not the problem finding a program is! Your site was very nice but didn't state any programs you used. If you know of any your help would be very much appreciated as the only one I found had six paint colours and trim!

Old 11-12-02, 07:37 PM
pmgca
Visiting Guest
Design Program

Selina and Meshe,

My question was related to know if your computers have Video card (the main resource for 3D rendering).

Anyway, as you don't want a software, but a site, it is not important.

Unfortunately, I don't know sites about on line painting.

Good luck!

Old 11-12-02, 08:35 PM
MESHE
Visiting Guest
Hi Selina, I will keep looking. As I mentioned before I found a few but they had limited colours. If I do find anything I will post it here for you. If worse comes to worse we were thinking of building a program for it and I can post that as well. (time permitting) We have been under renovations for some time and haven't had a chance to look into building a program yet. But it sounds like we may have to.

Old 11-12-02, 09:24 PM
MESHE
Visiting Guest
Smile

Sorry PMGCA for any confusion. I think we are both looking for a simple program or website that will help us decide on what colours we like with what. So we really don't even need a 3D rendering package. It's just a simple program like the Benjamin Moore site

http://www.benjaminmoore.com/wrapper...lect&N=projclr

The problem with this site and others I found is the limited colour palette. Hope this is a little more clear and if you do find anything let us know. In the meantime thanks for the input. It was appreciated.

Old 11-12-02, 09:29 PM
pmgca
Visiting Guest
Design Program

Meshe:

Just to clarify: I offered programs' names and were refused because you wrote

"...all I would like is a website to get an insite on walls with trim"

Good luck!!!

Old 11-13-02, 04:37 AM
pmgca
Visiting Guest
Design Program

Hi,

Just in case you want a software:

Few months ago, HD had a CD software for virtual painting. I don't know if they still have.

As I told you, you need to check your computer resources first.

Good luck.

Old 11-13-02, 10:34 AM
MESHE
Visiting Guest
Angry

HI, PMGCA xxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

From the Forum FAQ

Why have some of the words in my post been blanked-out?
Certain words may have been censored by the administrator. If your posts contain any censored words, they will be blanked-out like this: ****.

Last edited by pmgca; 11-13-02 at 11:00 AM.
Old 11-13-02, 10:42 AM
MESHE
Visiting Guest
Hi Selina, found a program. Go to virtualpainting.net

They offer a free program with hundreds of colours. Good luck!

Old 11-13-02, 10:59 AM
MESHE
Visiting Guest
Okay Selina, found a wonderful one. It has all the colours. It's exactly what I think you were looking for. Its ....

ppgaf.com

there is a virtual painter program there that is great you pick a colour and it changes the walls. I think it is what your looking for. The first one I gave you is a painter. This one actually colours the walls the colour pallette you choose.

Old 11-13-02, 12:06 PM
MESHE
Visiting Guest
Sorry that last site doesn't go straight to the virtual painter. You can search on it or go here.

http://www.colorcommander.com/colorc...ealer/vis.html

To PMGCA, don't know why my message was blanked out. All I mentioned was that I did mention programs or websites, and I didn't see your list of them. So I apologized for the confusion and thanked you for your input.

Old 11-13-02, 01:33 PM
pmgca
Visiting Guest
Just to clarify

Just to clarify why the post was edited:

As moderator I try to help in the best way I know.
Please, read carefully questions and answers. Selina asked for a program or site. I sent her to my site to see samples of 8 programs working, not to sell software (I was clear about this, I am an Architect, I don't sell software I use them). You wrote me that you didn't find it at my site because you were looking for a site of painting on line. This is why I didn't make a list of programs. I replied that I don't know sites of painting on line. You wrote that you were looking for a program, and if you don't find it, you'll make it. So, I clarified that if you were looking for a program, perhaps you'll find one at HD.

I considered the way you replied...ironic. (BTW, if your point was the price, it is $9.95 at Home Depot).

And as you got the information you need, you share it with Selina, I edited just that message to avoid a confront. It is not relevant to the subjects of this forum, isn't it?.

Respectfully,

Old 11-13-02, 02:39 PM
MESHE
Visiting Guest
I have sent a note, but unfortuantely the part where I said this woudl nto go through. But I really wanted you to see the last half as I really was sincere about the apology.

Right after the apology for the confusion!!!!!!!!!! Then you accuse me of refusing your help. I did no such thing. Again I sent another note apologizing and this you chose to delete. In this one I give an example thinking I still may not be making myself clear. To you or to others. Yet you delete my example and say its not relevant. As at this time I still hadn't found the site I mentioned I thought it was relevant seeing as you made it clear that I was confusing you (and could possibly be confusing others). As I do not wish to get in an argument is there another moderator I should have sent this example to so they could help me? Once again all I can say is I am sorry I confused you. I am sorry you found my apology worth deleting and I am sorry you became offended. Remember at no time (except the last note) was I offended by what you said. I really did (up until now) think you were doing a good job.

Old 11-13-02, 03:15 PM
Selina
Visiting Guest
Website

Thank you so much for your help. Both of you! I found the virtual painter site very helpful. The virtual painter website was exactly what I was looking for. Nothing to advanced!