Advice needed

Old 11-30-02, 08:56 PM
msmiz
Visiting Guest
Advice needed

I have just moved into a condo (Renting in DC) & a have a couple of things I need help with. Firstly, I have an off white sofa and decided to accent with cobalt blue..like royal blue. So I got all the blue accessories, throw pillows, glassware ornaments etc. But now I have paid a visit to every carpet store in town and no luck on a solid 9X12 carpet/area rug in the cobalt or royal blue...I do not want any busy stuff or flowers. No luck on a rug or carpet in that color. Either the colors are too dark or too light. The color would have been so great . My tables are fosill stone/veined with glass and the wall unit is the same off-white with a faux marble vein look. I have also been searching for the same color blue in a chenile throw for the sofa..no luck there either. Help! Plus in this place the walls are pained white, but I have wall to wall windows so lots of plants that do well.

Second problem. My den is off the Living room with French doors that usually I leave them open. I have my computer and desk, file cabinet, printer and storage cabinet for stationary etc against one wall. Books against another wall and then there is a wall that is wall-to-wall closet (which I use the closet). So that leaves now this open space b in the middle of the room (the room faces the LR via the French Doors)..I have a 6X9 cream area rug on the floor. What can I put in this space that will look ok. Rather than have this huge empty carpeted area. Either something in the middle maybe or along the edge of area rug in front of the closet ( but not blocking the closet as I need access). Plus...In this same room I have no ceiling light and have a wall of awards & placques that I don't know how to light (remember just renting here so I can't be installing and drilling). The wall with the books and awards faces the LR. Help with these 2 problems in this room plse.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-02-02, 05:33 PM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Large open area in a room

Check the Carpet Forum for a response to your rug delimma.

Second Problem: I have always been a fan of wide open spaces. Things placed in the middle of the room can sometimes create obstacles unless the room is large enough. A tall round table is sometimes placed in the middle of a room, especially in large foyers. It's a great place for a beautiful bouqet of flowers or a piece of sculpture, or one of your trophies. A brightly colored patterned rug, rather than the solid cream one, would add drama and take up some visual space.

Perhaps some 'uplights' or torchiere lamps to shine upward on the wall of trophies would be helpful to highlight your awards.