blue washing

Old 12-30-02, 08:57 PM
wife4life
Visiting Guest
Cool blue washing

This is my first post. I'm excited about learning how to decorate our apartment.

I bought two unfinished wooden shelves at Michael's (the type that are to be nailed into the wall). I want to blue wash them and make our house look beachy. Does anybody know how to blue wash or can anybody point me to a resource to learn how to blue wash?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 12-31-02, 05:56 AM
pmgca
Visiting Guest
Hi,

Welcome to our Forums!

Try this link

http://www.fauxhaus.com

You will find kits to your project at HD

Good luck

Old 12-31-02, 02:36 PM
wife4life
Visiting Guest
Thank you pmgca...I appreciate it! I went on the website and searched for what I am looking for, but I did not find HD, which you said to click on. I couldn't find anything on blue washing. Perhaps I was not clicking on the right links. What is HD?

Old 12-31-02, 02:51 PM
pmgca
Visiting Guest
blue washing

Hi,

The site describes some process you can use.

HD is Home Depot, they have "ready to use" kits to be used in shelves, chairs, etc.

Hope this helps,

Old 01-08-03, 08:50 AM
wife4life
Visiting Guest
Thanks a lot. I called Home Depot and they said they would give me a demonstration before I buy the product, so I'm excited.

Old 01-08-03, 09:30 AM
pmgca
Visiting Guest
blue washing

Hi,

This is great!

Please, after the demonstration, share with us the experience. We will learn a lot with this,

Regards,

Old 02-06-03, 12:46 PM
wife4life
Visiting Guest
Sorry this took so long

I went to Home Depot and brought in my shelves. We showed a gentleman in the the paint department a swatch of the color we were trying to attain for our blue washing. I wasn't very impressed with the whole experience. He painted a corner of one of my shelves with the blue paint, which wasn't the exact color we had hoped for, and then demonstrated how we simply have to wisp white paint over the blue however we want. It didn't look blue washed. Luckily, I found out how to do it elsewhere when I saw a cabinet in a woman's office that was blue washed. Perhaps it was just this Home Depot, but my husband and I weren't thrilled with the example, the price of the 2 paints and the primer and whatever else we ended up buying, and the fact that we had to use our shelves as test dummies.