decorating question

Old 01-08-03, 09:53 AM
nkrz
Visiting Guest
Question decorating question

I have a wall between the kitchen and living room that has a 'window like hole' in it. Its about 46" x 31 1/2". I would like to decorate it, but not completely block it off with a window treatment. Anybody have any ideas? It has a small ledge, about 3" wide to set stuff on. I want some ideas, but am coming up blank.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-03, 10:18 AM
pmgca
Visiting Guest
Smile decorating question

Hi,

Sure, I can help. First I need some information: can you tell me about your kitchen and living rooms styles, colors, light, etc?

Regards,

Old 01-10-03, 03:51 PM
nkrz
Visiting Guest
The main light in the kitchen is an overhead ceiling fan with light, plus there is a light over the sink. The main color of the walls is a real light, light brown, more tan than brown. The cabinets are natural medium brown pine stained. My living room is paneled in a coastal white paneling with a beige, tan color mixed in. Slate blue solid patterned couch and love seat. Mostly a country feel the whole house. Simple, yet cosy. My colors in my living room are medium blue carpet, similar color to the couches, and blue and mauve colored curtains with white mixed into the pattern. Soooooo, what do you have for ideas? Can't wait to hear them lol.

Old 01-11-03, 09:49 PM
pmgca
Visiting Guest
Decorating

Hi nkrz,

You need to create something that will be in the kitchen, and in the living, a transition, but a transparent transition. I am imagining a grate, in rusted iron. Something very rustic.

I designed some of them with flowerpot supports. Last year I made a remodelation project, and I designed a grate with 6 small flowerpot supports, for different plants. The plants?: I used spices because they offer a fresh view, different colors, scent...and a practical solution.

Hope this helps,