What color????

Old 01-20-03, 06:39 PM
sdspears
Visiting Guest
What color????

Im lost. We are redoing our bathroom. Not a very big room but has 2 windows. We bought Oak (cherry stain color) cabinets. We bought a darker shades of slate for flooring. The wallpaper is faux finish look kind of like sponge painted in cross between burg/terra cotta color. Our fixtures are polished brass. Several lighting fixtures. Ok all looks good together BUT....Im clueless as to what do do with our ceiling?????? PLEASE HELP!!!!
Thanks,
[email protected]

Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-03, 07:24 PM
pmgca
Visiting Guest
What color????

Hi,

I guess the only color that will harmonize with the entire picture you are describing is a cream color, or perhaps very clear tan.

As you told us that your bathroom is not a very big room, the ceiling must be light and clear.

Hope this helps

Old 01-21-03, 11:22 PM
foodconsult
Visiting Guest
Thumbs up Color

I AGREE!!! go with the Cream or off white

If you decide to go with a darker shade you might consider a lighting scheme(I doubt it though, since the room is so small)

alan
[email protected]

Old 01-28-03, 12:27 PM
Phxmom
Visiting Guest
What color

Hello,

First, how high are your ceilings? All though a cottage white or subtle color seems the logicall answer, it sounds to me like you have a really dynamic room happening here. Since you say everything goes together nicely why not try some molding and a color on the ceiling. I'm not talking black but, since it sounds like you are willing to risk something out of the ordinary, why not burnt gold? It is kind of hard to recommend a color with out seeing your existing colors. You'd be surprised what some people call terra cotta. (Being from Phoenix, I've seen a lot of terra cotta.) Keep in mind that darkening the ceiling will dramatically change the natural light flowing into the room. You might go to a craft store and buy a few small bottles of craft paint and mix and try a few colors. If you find something you really like, paint some on a paper plate, take it to your local supply store and have them match it. ( I've done this before and usually end up with exactly what I want and don't have tons of "sample quarts" hanging around in the garage.) Well, best of luck to you. Don't be afraid to try something different.