new color scheme

Old 02-09-03, 04:37 AM
Jadegreen
Visiting Guest
new color scheme

I just moved to a new house, the dining room is all pastel with light sage green carpeting that is still in good shape. My dishes are an italian style in a royal blue, gold and terracotta. The table and china cabinet are cherry. I want to add color to the walls in this room and am not opposed to a faux finish. Anyone have any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-03, 08:20 AM
pmgca
Visiting Guest
Colors

Hi,

You have several strong colors, so you need to be carefully with the walls' colors. A new strong color is dangerous. My suggestion is a faux finish in a tan, or cream tan. This color will integrate all the other colors.

Other suggestion is stucco. Some textures, with an "old look" will make a great combination. I saw lots of resources about it at Home Depot and Rona.

Hope this helps,

Old 02-17-03, 04:54 PM
FloridaSheila
Visiting Guest
Last year I did some faux finishing on my dining room walls that looks fabulous. I did have a little previous experience, but not much. Home Depot, Lowe's etc. carry a product called texture paint that comes in 5 gal. buckets. It is very easy and fast (and cheap!) to use and would give you a "Tuscan" finish that would be great with those Italian dishes. Color washing over the texture with a gold-colored paint would look wonderful.

Have fun!