ceramic tile 'transfers'

Old 02-24-03, 04:05 PM
jennyjones
Visiting Guest
ceramic tile 'transfers'

Hi, I just bought a cute condo (my first home!) I'm in the process of painting it but had a question for you do it yourselfers who have been at this longer than I have! The kitchen is all white, with beautiful maple cabinetry, I'm in the process of painting the walls, however, I have white ceramic tile counters and splash backs. Has anyone ever heard of applying transfers to the tile surface to add a design without actually ripping out the tiles and replacing them? A friend thought she had read somewhere that there was such a product, I was wondering if anyone knew where I could purchase them and if they had any adverse problems using this product. I just want to add a splash of color on certain tiles on the splash backs as an accent to break up the monotony of white. I asked at Lowes and they didn't carry this. Or, if anyone has another suggestion for me, I sure would appreciate hearing from you. I'm creatively challenged :-) Thanks so much for reading!

Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-03, 05:07 PM
FloridaSheila
Visiting Guest
Cool

I just saw these at Bed, Bath and Beyond today. I have no idea how these would hold up under moist conditions, but there were some pretty patterns.

Hope this helps.

Old 02-25-03, 11:33 AM
jennyjones
Visiting Guest
thanks!

Shiela, thank you so much for your reply. I'll be sure to check out
bed, bath and beyond this weekend and I'll let you know if they work out.
Thanks again :-)
Jenny

Old 02-25-03, 01:20 PM
pmgca
Visiting Guest
Transfers

Hi,

Check these sites

http://www.usawallpaper.com/walstic.html

http://www.archpro.com/glass/intro.html

Hope this helps

Old 03-02-03, 01:06 PM
glorifiedlily
Visiting Guest
These acrylic transfer for ceramics and other glass and even wood objects is very easy to apply and will adhere and stay put until ready to remove.. which will require the heat from a hair dryer to remove... but, you will love these.. and you can also find these in the craft department at Wal-Mart as I have found those there.. and other crafts areas on line at sunshinecrafts.com and dickblick.com... all you do is use the popsicle stick that comes in a package with your designs and do nothing more than rub the design onto your cleaned surface and you're done... the transfer will last a long time.. it's a very easy and unique way to get a nice design with little cost but with a nice effect... I think you will love it..

Old 03-10-03, 11:38 AM
jennyjones
Visiting Guest
They work!!

Well, after going to lots of stores, checking on-line, etc. I finally found the tile transfers that I liked. I put them up this weekend, I must say that I burnt thru a couple - it was no easy task for someone as creatively challenged as me - but they look really good! Thanks to everyone who responded with their advise. I would definately recommend them, although I haven't lived with them but for a day :-) so not too sure how durable they'll be in my kitchen!

Old 03-10-03, 11:47 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I purchased some for my bathroom a year ago and applied them to the tiles as directed. They are still there! Look just as pretty as when I applied them, and have even withstood the bath cleaners that I use.

I'm glad that you're project turned out great. I also want to congratulate you on your home! That's exciting in itself. Projects seem to be closer to home when its your home.

Kay