Unusual theme

Old 03-16-03, 06:44 AM
colorblind
Visiting Guest
Question Unusual theme

I have a study that I want to decorate, but I want something different. I have a computer, my library, medieval weapons collection, and pewter figures (Dragons, wizards ect.) Since everything in the room is devoid of color, I was thinking on going with a white and black color pallette. The house in concrete block/stucco. There really isn't any moulding to accent so I'm not sure how to get a really good, dramatic effect with the paint. Any suggestions would be appreaciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-03, 10:36 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Colorblind,

The black and white theme would work well with the accessories you describe. Do you know what your Coat of Arms looks like? If yes, you could do one wall in those colors for a lot of punch! If not, look at websites and pick one that appeals to you and that you think you can paint. Quarter your wall, paint the base colors (typically two colors at opposite quarters) and look for templates and/or stencils at a hobby store for the design/icons or just freehand something like a shield, crossed swords, a fleur de lis, a mace, or a cross. Red and deep blue would be good background colors, separated by white dividing lines and the designs painted white on the blue background and black on the red background. Just my $.02!

Sandie

Old 03-16-03, 01:55 PM
pmgca
Visiting Guest
Colors

Hi,

I guess you have two options:

- You go by affinity, with black, white and grey.
- You go by contrast colors.

The first option will be fine with big rooms (very big), lot of space and light.
For the second option you can look for strong colors like a dark red or a wine, perhaps.

Remember that the secret for a good decoration is balance, so you need to balance the objects and the colors.

Hope this helps