New office needs decorating

Old 03-30-03, 08:28 PM
BGC
Visiting Guest
New office needs decorating

My husband has recently changed jobs and now has a 20x20 windowless office with 12 ft ceilings. Construction white paint on walls, standard tile ceiling with inset light. Floor industrial type carpet with specks of taupe and green. His desk, credenza and bookcase all dark wood. Two pale green arms chairs (that he can swap for burgundy).
The firm is an advertising brokerage in a new building nicely decorated with marble countertops, mirrors, plants. I sneaked a peek at the "bosses" offices across the hall, and their focal point was definitely the window treatments (cornices and heavy drapes in rich colors) that cover the windows on one full wall. Their wives decorated. Now its my turn. Where do I begin? What should my focal point be? Husband likes nature (birding), baseball and chess. I was thinking of a tall tree for a focal point, perhaps with prints of birds?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 03-31-03, 06:27 AM
pmgca
Visiting Guest
Office decoration

Hi,

Office decoration doesn't follow the same concepts of home decoration.
Of course, you will follow the main concepts (focus point and balance), but the focus point in an office can't be a distraction.

Your main problem is an office windowless, so you need to work the space to get transparency and profundity. A mirror is a great tool, choose a frame resembling a window, you can add plants, and the depth effect is ready.

Colors: choose light colors for the walls and some strong colors for the accents. Perhaps light avocado faux finish for the walls, with dark green for the chairs.

Take photographs of the office, and try to visualize in 3D the colors and effects.

Hope this helps!

Old 04-09-03, 12:28 AM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Office

I am with pmgca who always has a great insight and taste for decor. Adding a color to walls as she suggested and accessorize with items of husband's personal interest will personalize this space.