Cork Sheets as Walltreatment?

Old 04-25-03, 09:05 AM
P
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Cork Sheets as Walltreatment?

Had a brainstorm... want to use natural cork sheet as a wallcover below a chair rail in my office so I can pin up notes, etc., and not have the room appear as cluttered as with a standard bulletin board. Below the rail makes sense, since my office is used for internet work which means I'm seated, and need my notes visible but not dominating this small room. I would only be doing the one wall by my desk-- not the entire room.

I spoke with a friend who used rolled sheet cork to do the under stair wall of his home for his little one to post her artwork, so I know it can be done. But I've been unable to locate the product in my home centers. I did locate a manufacturer in my region who sells rolls in 3 and 4 foot widths to order linearally at about $2.00 a square foot plus shipping. Don't know if this is a good price since I can't find anyone to compare it with. The material my co-worker used was 1/8", which means the pins are penetrating the sheetrock behind the cork. The pricing I've gotten is for 1/4" to avoid that problem. One of my concerns is that my office is an enclosed porch which has ongoing termite activity UNDER the floor. Been under treatment for 4 years now, but am perpetually skeptical... Would cork be ill-advised being as I *think* it's a wood/celluose product?

Has anyone done this kind of decorating treatment who can comment on the idea/practicality?

Thanks in advance!
pieper

Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-03, 10:34 AM
pmgca
Visiting Guest
Cork

Hi,

I dont know why your message appeared again. Anyway I answered it yesterday

Regards,

Old 04-25-03, 11:10 AM
P
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Patricia,

I don't know why that happened either?! Most odd, especially since the same note appears on two different days!

Thanks for your input. That certainly is another option...

Best,
pieper