bedroom redesign, carribean

Old 06-06-03, 09:09 AM
jennifer
Visiting Guest
bedroom redesign, carribean

I need some ideas for wall treatment. i want to decorate my bedroom in a carribean beach theme. My husband does not want to repaint the white trim. the idea of a plain color on the walls and white trim bores me to death. anybody have any livlier ideas for what to do?

Sponsored Links
Old 06-06-03, 01:36 PM
hking44
Visiting Guest
Caribbean walls

How about a faux finish like ragging, or color washing? My sister in law is a faux finish painter and she did a caribbean theme in her bedroom also. Her trim is all white, but her walls are a beautiful light aqua with a soft washing over it. It's beautiful. Go to some free faux finishing classes they offer at Home Dept or get yourself a book and practice on a sample board til you get the look you want. Good luck!

Old 06-15-03, 12:19 AM
jessierose
Visiting Guest
In the end your walls will be background to all the wonderful things in your room. If you want to "liven" up your walls, adding a pastel aqua blue, or a light baby blue to the walls will refresh them. Also, a wonderful technique is a linen or combed/brushed texture on the walls. This gives the feel of sand-blasted walls from years of beach bumming days!

Something outrageous and fun might be to paint a mural of palm trees, or a beach scene on one of the walls. If your not an artist, find someone who is, or rent an overhead projector and "project" your choosen design on the wall then simply trace and color! Also, on the market are wonderfully 3D stencsils that will help you to make the picture come to life. If you don't like it -- It's just paint! You can paint over it!