Wall Color

Old 08-12-03, 05:41 AM
Pam P
Visiting Guest
Wall Color

Help Please...
I am trying to decide what wall color to use. I have purchased new bedding. The primary color is jade with white oriental accents. The bottom of my walls is white. I have a deep cranberry with green and gold accent pillow that I would like to use. I also have gold lampshades. What color do you recommend for the top half of the walls? I would really like to use the deep cranberry from the pillow, but not sure how that will blend. The room is rather large.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-13-03, 02:25 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
if your room is really large & you're wanting to warm it up & make it seem cozy, then leave the white on bottom & paint the top a slightly lighter shade of the jade. this will be a "top heavy" look that will bring the walls in. maybe do a chair rail in the burgundy for an accent! or maybe you could find a wallpaper border that will coordinate and you can put that in between the 2 paint colors. it will be very dramatic with such contrasting colors.

for a softer look, you might want to paint over that white part. maybe do the jade on bottom & a lighter shade of jade on top, for a more monochromatic look that will be more calming. you could still do the burgundy chair rail for an accent, or do a white chair rail to tie in the white on your bed. if your woodwork is white already, then definitely do the chairrail white. that would be very classic. if you're going for an oriental feel, how about stenciling a Chinese character above the chair rail all around the room in a metallic gold paint, for a "custom" border?

what color is your carpet?

Old 08-14-03, 10:12 AM
Pam P
Visiting Guest
Wall Color

My floor is dark wood. I plan on using an area rug as well.

Thanks.

Old 08-14-03, 12:55 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
to keep it from getting too dark, with your floor being dark, i think i'd lean more toward going with a shade of jade that's slightly lighter than your bedding. or at least keep the darker color on the bottom part of your wall. unless you have tons of windows......you've got a lot of options! i'd love to know what you end up doing & how you like it!

Old 08-15-03, 05:21 AM
Pam P
Visiting Guest
Wall Color

Thank you so much for your ideas. I'm leaning toward the lighter shade of jade on the top walls.

I love the idea of using a stencil. I purchased one yesterday, so I'll let you know how it all works out!!

Thanks again.
P