No Bedding Wide Enough for King Size Bed

Old 08-13-03, 11:07 PM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Unhappy No Bedding Wide Enough for King Size Bed

I can't figure out what is going on. I have a king size bed that has normal dimensions (it is not a California king, it is standard). However, no comforters seem wide enough. They barely meet the top of the bed skirt. What am I doing wrong? Also, there is a wooden frame that runs around the perimeter of the bed. Does the skirt go on the outside of it or do I tuck it under the frame?

Sponsored Links
Old 08-14-03, 01:38 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
i have a queen size bed, and i've had the same problem. however, none of the bedding i've bought has been very expensive, so i've written it off to "cheap bedding"! i figure it's cheap because it's skimpy. are you having trouble with really expensive bedding or is it "affordable"?? believe me - i feel your pain!

as for the wood rail/bed skirt question: i have an antique bed like that. but the slats that hold the mattress & boxspring go all the way to the rails (obviously) and therefore prevent me from letting the skirt fall underneath it. so i've always just let it fall OVER the rails, hiding that beautiful wood. however, what i have seen done is tacking a custom "skirt" to the inside of the wood rails, either with velcro or actually stapling it right to the wood. i think i'd prefer the velcro method so that you could take it down to wash, if needed.

:)