A Fashion No-No? What do I do?

Old 08-19-03, 05:48 PM
Dorothy
Visiting Guest
Question A Fashion No-No? What do I do?

I am building a new home and I am thinking about having wood stained trim and white 6 panel doors? I have not seen any other homes with this nor on HGTV. Is this a fashion No-No? Am I limited to white trim with white doors? and stained trim with stained doors?

Sponsored Links
Old 08-20-03, 04:44 AM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Trim

Typically, all trim and doors are painted or stained the same color for consistency. If you have a desire for color or design and want to create an interesting look, paint the trim, doors, chair rails, moldings and baseboards in contrasting colors. You can paint or stain how you wish. The home should, however, have a sense of color consistency.

Old 08-20-03, 12:32 PM
D
White doors and stained trim looks pretty cool I see it all the time in new construction

Old 08-20-03, 12:42 PM
Plan Ahead!!!

i would have to ask what your plans are for the walls??? because if you're planning on having a fairly dark or bold paint color or wallpaper on the walls, then a white door is going to stick out like a sore thumb! but i can see it being okay as long as the walls are painted a fairly light color that would be similar to the door color (white/cream/etc) or a wallpaper with a light background.