help with Silk wallcovering look

Old 09-02-03, 11:47 AM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
help with Silk wallcovering look

was trying to match a look on one wall of my bedroom,,, the decorating book I have said it was silk wallcoverings..

so far I havent been able to find these on the web (I imagine very expensive)

Does anyone have a link to a place where they sell these.. or I was thinking maybe texured wallpaper that looks like Silk wallcoverings

Any help appreciated

Sponsored Links
Old 09-04-03, 10:38 AM
i used to work at a wallpaper/decorating store, and although we didn't sell any "real" silk wallpaper, we had tons of "silk" books! are you talking about paper that's really shiny? that's what we called "silk" anyway. it was usually solid vinyl and had a patterned texture to it. the colors were almost iridescent. there's also something called string paper, which is, literally, strings glued to paper. i suppose to some it looks silky. the string papers were always very expensive, but the silks didn't seem to be any higher priced than regular vinyl wallpapers. i would suggest you go to a wallpaper retailer or hardware store that has actual wallpaper sample books. looking for wallpaper on the internet is not a good way to look! i mean, it's fun to browse that way, but you can't see the texture, and the colors can't be trusted to be accurate, and the samples are really small, etc......hope you find what you're looking for!

Old 09-04-03, 11:12 PM
T
Sounds like good idea

Ive found some that matches the texture at the local Home depot in the Wallpaper dept but it wasn't quite the right color... the little time I spent searching on the web really didnt get me anywhere it takes so long for the pages to download even with Dsl. Can cover alot more material in person .. so I guess ill take your advise and continue the search at local stores (I havent tried Lowes yet lol)

Anyways ty for advise