Hanging Pictures

Old 09-09-03, 03:16 AM
edtree
Visiting Guest
Hanging Pictures

I'm not sure what happened to the other two posts, but here is my question again:

I am re-doing my entire house, and so far I've wallpapered three rooms. I'd like to hang pictures and wall decorations, but I'm hesitant to put holes in my new wallpaper. What kinds of things are available to hang pictures without putting holes in walls....anything????? If so, what would the weight limit be?

Thanks in advance for any advice or direction.

Elizabeth

Sponsored Links
Old 09-18-03, 01:04 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
i know how you feel! it's scary to put a hole in the paper you so carefully and lovingly just hung! but go for it. you HAVE to! there is nothing you can just affix to the now-papered wall that would hold any weight - it would just rip the paper off. you could use the old-fashioned method, where you have a "picture moulding" up high on the wall all the way around the room, and hang all of your pictures from ribbons that hang from the moulding! but unless you live in an old Victorian house with 12 foot celings, that might look out of place! just be sure where you want your pictures & hammer away. if your paper has a busy enough pattern, if you do decide to move a picture & leave that space empty, you'll be able to cut a tiny circle of paper (from the leftover paper you were mindful to save!) and glue it over the hole. i did this & it worked fine. you can't see the patch unless i told you exactly where it is.

Old 09-24-03, 02:57 AM
edtree
Visiting Guest
Thanks

Maybe I just needed permission to go ahead and hammer a few nails. I have not gotten up the courage yet, but I will. I did save the extra wallpaper from each room, so I will have patching material if I need it.

Thanks again,

Elizabeth

Old 09-26-03, 08:51 AM
PaulaDavis
Visiting Guest
I use 'G' hooks. They are little pieces of bend metal straps that look like a 'g'. The big ones hold a lot of weight. I have a huge mirror that took two men to lift on a big G hook in my dining room. It usually tells on the package how much they will hold.