bathroom color troubles

Old 10-06-03, 06:50 AM
binkbop
Visiting Guest
bathroom color troubles

I was wondering what color you would paint your bathroom if the bathtub and sink were grey. I'm having a real hard time narrowing in on a color and my husband is starting to get rather upset with me, i've gone from a creamy yellow to a blue and just cant make up my mind. I dont want the bathroom to look dark and depressing as it isnt all that big, but I want it to look cheery. I've never been all that good at matching colors.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-03, 06:54 PM
Mom2Z
Visiting Guest
I think any shade of red goes really nicely with gray. I would probably go with a very pale shade of maroon to give the room a feeling of warmth without making it feel dark and depressing.

Old 10-07-03, 10:11 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
i agree with Mom2Z about the "light maroon" (ie: mauve or pink). also any shade of blue, from pale to navy, looks good with gray. plums or lavendars would work well, too.

i would avoid anything yellow or beige or brown or green (too warm/wrong color families). keep it in the "cool" tones and you'll be fine.

to make things easier, find some inspiration in something with a pattern. for example, a floral fabric (or any multi-colored pattern)for a window treatment or shower curtain that has your gray color in it. then pull colors from that.

you could also always go "monochromatic" and use white, gray and black. and if you need a little more color, for an accent (towels or artwork, for example), you could use any bright or bold color (red, blue, jade, fuscia, etc), but not a dark color like navy or hunter (not enough punch).

hope that helps!

Old 10-18-03, 08:34 AM
berwin
Visiting Guest
Much depends on how dark your grey is. Navy is wonderful with greys! Burgundy is good, too. While plums would be incredible, be careful it's not too trendy. Will you be able to find towels in five years? You can choose to use the grey as your primary or your accent. What mood are you trying to create?