trying to decroate a small bedroom

Old 11-07-03, 09:44 PM
harleyjo8
Visiting Guest
trying to decroate a small bedroom

hello my name is pati. I have a challege for someone who is good
with small space ... I live in an apt from the thirties. I would like to
redecorate or do something new to my bedroom..You have to walk through the bedroom to get to the bathroom in my place
so what ever i do to the room i would like to continute to the
bathroom ..I have a odd shape room its 17 by 10 with an alcove
cut out that I put my queen size bed in. I live on the bottom floor of a 3 apt house so my ceiling are very low. The wall are of some type of soft material im not sure what but i would rather use paint to decor then put up pictures because i dont know the strength of the wall and holding pictures.. I have an window that does not have much lite coming in on the outside of my room it
measures about 3 by 4 with a wall air conditioner in half.. There is a dark storage are outside the outer part of my room also and a \
door to go outside to it..I dont have a problem not using this door..I have 2 chest of drawers that are antigue one with 6 drawers and one with 3 I also have some sort of chinise linen type amour that is really cute and i would like to stay.. I would like to keep the room white or repaint white but maybe something with color a mural or head board type thing any thint
really at this point would be nice. If any one is up for it i can have
the certain measuments of everything in the room and what ever
else you may need to help me out.. thanks pati

Sponsored Links
Old 11-10-03, 10:49 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
the main decorating feature in most bedrooms is the bed itself. i suggest you find some bedding that you like (pillow shams, dust ruffle, throw pillows, coordinating window treatments, etc) and paint the walls a pastel color that you can pull from the bedding. maybe you could buy or build an attractive screen to put in front of the unused door in a coordinating fabric. i'm not sure what kind of walls you have that could be "soft", but if you can't hang any pictures on the walls, maybe you could wallpaper one of them and introduce some pattern that way.

then coordinate the bathroom accordingly. paint their walls the same color as the bedroom (or use the same wallpaper) and get towels that pull another color from the bedding.

also, if you buy one of those "bed-in-a-bag" deals, they normally contain a comforter, dust ruffle & pillow shams, and also a complete sheet set. because the sheets are usually really stiff & scratchy, you may rather use them for fabric and make a window treatment from them. you could also use them to add a ruffle or pleated ruffle to the bottoms of inexpensive towels for a coordinated look, or even cover a plain lampshade with the sheet fabric.