door colour!

Old 11-19-03, 02:34 PM
mtbgurl
Visiting Guest
Question door colour!

What color should I paint my bedroom doors!? I've just completed painting the ceiling, walls and trim...the walls are a sagey green, the trim is white with a green hue and the doors are very dark brown!!! It's weird but it almost looks good! Anyhow...I would like to know how to finish the doors. Wether they should be white or have colour and in the latter case, which colour!? And if I should use a mat finish, or some other finish!?

IMO, white is very suburban, my place is very urban! It's a large room with high ceilings!

Any suggestions would greatly be apprciated!

thank you

Sponsored Links
Old 11-20-03, 07:19 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
sounds like a great room! i LOVE sage green!

it's a matter of your personal preference. any of the options you mentioned would be correct: you could paint the door the trim color, the wall color, or a completely different accent color (which is sort of what you have now, and you kind of like it as is, so that's what i'd recommend!).

is the door stained now, or painted a brown color? it would be fine to leave it stained, especially if the color blends well with your furnishings, and even better if you have wood floors the same tone.

doors & trim are usually painted with a semi-gloss finish. Flat is good for walls, but looks wierd on a door or trim, and won't hold up well to cleaning fingerprints off of. (if you've never had white painted doors, you have no idea how dirty doors can get!!!)

Old 11-20-03, 02:21 PM
mtbgurl
Visiting Guest
That's great Annette! Thank you ! I like the idea of the accent colour...we're going with that! It'll match the interior of the window sill, then we can touch up the window sill (previous tenants messy job) with the same paint as the doors! You're right about the flat finish too

Thanks again for the quick reply