decorating question, need opinions

Old 11-24-03, 08:53 PM
tuckerdarla
Visiting Guest
decorating question, need opinions

I have a black cast iron canopy bed in my spare bedroom. I am going to paint my dresser and entertainment center in that room, but the problem is, what color to paint them? Should I paint them black to match the bed? My walls are light green, which match the material that I have hanging on the canopy. A friend suggested buttermilk or pale yellow?? I think black would be better, but then again would that be too much black in a medium size bedroom? The bedroom fits a queen bed, small entertainment center to put the tv on, a small dresser and in a cove in the room I have a table and some shelves for my crafts. Not much more room left.

Please give me your opinions thanks

Darla

Sponsored Links
Old 11-26-03, 10:56 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
black is certainly an option, although it will give the room a fairly contemporary look. is that what you're going for? if not, that might be too bold of a color.

i hesitate to go any further without knowing what your bedding looks like. or, if you're planning on getting all new stuff, i'd suggest you purchase that first. in my experience, i don't find too many ready-made bedding ensembles that i even LIKE, let alone, that "go" with specific colors. so it would be much easier for you to pick a paint color to coordinate with your bedding.

so let's start with the bedding question first, okay? then we'll go from there.........

Old 11-26-03, 04:11 PM
tuckerdarla
Visiting Guest
Hi,

I have a quilt with these colors: off white (main color) light green, rose, light purple... basically pastel colors in a floral design.

Thanks,
Darla

Old 12-02-03, 10:32 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
i think with a floral quilt on the bed, black furniture will be the wrong look. i'd recommend painting your furniture the same cream color that's in your quilt. that will give you a nice, light, airy look for your guest room and everything will be tied together. you've got plenty of color on the walls (light green) and in your floral quilt, so you don't need yet another color on the furniture.

if you're thinking your black bed stands out too much as the only black thing in the room, you might add some more touches of black by way of accessories: maybe a black vase with a floral arrangement in it similar to the flowers in the quilt, or use black mats in a few floral prints on the walls, a black lamp, a floral area rug with a black background, etc.....

i think it will be a beautiful room - good luck!