Need Help - Paint Color

Old 12-30-03, 09:19 AM
mwtaylorcan
Visiting Guest
Need Help - Paint Color

Hi everyone:

Hope that you are all enjoying the Holiday season??

I would like to give my livingroom some color but I am having some trouble with selecting the right one.

My livingroom is not very bright during the day as the afternoon sun is at the back of the house. There is denim-blue carpeting on the floor and my furniture is a mix of colors.

I want to brighten up the space and make it more comfortable. Currently, there is a color on the walls which, I believe is called, "Strawberry Ice", but to me it is just plain pink and I hate it.

Can you provide me with any suggestions??

Any ideas you could give would be greatly appreciated.

Happy New Year to all.

Thanks.

Mark

Old 12-30-03, 01:46 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!

Pink walls, Mark? What's not to like?!?! I agree.........I think you can do better!

You say your furniture is a mix of colors, but do you mean the upholstery is a multi-colored pattern or do you mean each piece is a different solid color?? If the furniture is a multi-color pattern, I'd recommend painting the walls one of the lightest colors in the pattern (ie: off-white, taupe, pale yellow, light blue, etc) so long as it's a light color, since you're wanting to keep things light in a room that doesn't get much afternoon sun.

Or is each piece of furniture a different color?? If so, what colors are we talking about??

Old 12-31-03, 07:37 AM
mwtaylorcan
Visiting Guest
Hi Annette:

Thanks for your response.

To describe my furniture, the sofa is mostly a medium grey color with small flecks of rose and light blue, one chair is the opposite of the sofa, rose with small flecks of light blue and medium grey and the other chair in the room is a deep gold color.

Quite a mix.

This being said, what would you suggest.

Thanks.

Mark

Old 12-31-03, 08:05 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
wow - that's a seriously pink & blue room right now, isn't it?

for starters, you MUST get rid of that gold chair!!! at least slipcover it, because i can't imagine it coordinating with the blue & rose (mauve?) stuff at all.

then, to play down the pink & blue theme, i'd go with neutral walls - something like really, really light gray. avoid anything with yellow tones. the light gray will play nicely off the denim blue carpet and blend well with the medium grays and the mauve.

you might think about introducing some navy blues into the room to sort of change the color scheme around a bit. blue & mauve was really "in" several years back, but, unfortunately, it's seeming rather dated these days. that would be a good choice for the slipcover for the gold chair. then maybe get some navy blue throw pillows for the other chair & sofa.

then you'd have a "blue & gray room" with just that one mauve "accent" chair.

ON THE OTHER HAND............if you truly still love your blue & mauve colors (and if you do, that's fine - to each his own!), then at the very least, slipcover the gold chair with something (ecru, gray, light blue, navy or even a plaid or floral - there's a huge selection of slipcovers these days) and tone down the now-pink walls to something more neutral.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: