Paint color for exterior shutter

Old 01-18-04, 09:12 AM
pcohiogirl
Visiting Guest
Window Shutter

I am purchasing the house in the attached photo, it is so boring I would like to brighten up the outside with some color.

Any sugguestions? I would like to use a shutter to cover the window maybe paint that and the front door to match.

Sincerely,
Paula Rohde

Old 01-19-04, 06:48 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
oops! no attachment!

for the time being, the function to attach photos has been disabled, so could you please describe your house & colors, etc...???

thanks!

Old 01-19-04, 05:16 PM
pcohiogirl
Visiting Guest
Plan Jane House

Hi Annette,

My new house is a beige stucco Florida type house. The garage faces the street, it's a patio home so the drive is short and front yard is small. There is a short walk to the front door which is white with glass side panels, there is only one window facing the front which is arched fairly small 36" across 60" high.

I would like to put a shutter over the window, paint it and the front door the same color. Any ideas?

I had also asked you about my great room with the navy leather furniture, I took your advice went to a nice fabric store and I found 4 fabrics that go great together, I'm ready to recover chairs and make pillows.

Thanks for your help,
Paula Rohde

Old 01-20-04, 06:48 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Exterior paint colors

Hi! i'm so glad you found some fabrics!!!

now about your exterior: if your house is beige and the front door is white, then i agree that you need some color! but, unfortunately, i couldn't possibly recommend a specific color. you need to choose a color YOU like, one that will blend with your beige house and whatever color roof you have (and any brick on the house or landscaping stones you're using, or plantings, etc) and one that doesn't clash with your neighbors' colors. with all those elements in mind, it should narrow your choices down to a manageable size! (and don't forget about your garage door - it should be a color that blends as well)

if you go to a paint store, you'll find sample cards with lots of different suggested combinations on them that will make choosing a lot simpler than you think. check it out & let me know how it goes!

good luck!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: