Makeover GreatRoom

Old 01-18-04, 09:22 AM
pcohiogirl
Visiting Guest
Makeover GreatRoom

I am moving to a new home, I have no decorating sense at all.
This is what I have to work with, navy blue leather sofa, chair and ottoman, whitewashed iron tables with glass tops, the breakfast table matches these, the chairs that go with the breakfast table can be recovered as well as the 4 bar stools that match. I would like at least 4 coordinating fabrics for pillows and to cover the chairs and barstools, and a nice bold color for the walls.

I am attaching a photo of the great room, the furniture in the room is the currant owners.

Thanks,
Paula Rohde

Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-04, 10:14 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
hi and thanks for your question!

your photo didn't get attached, because that function has been disabled by administration, for now. but since the photo shows someone else's furniture, it wouldn't help much anyway, probably.

it sounds to me like you know what you're doing and what you want. and you've got some good, basic furniture to work with.

i can't help you with specific fabrics, except to tell you to go to a local fabric or decorating store and find coordinating fabrics you like that go with navy. it shouldn't be too hard since lots of colors go with navy and most fabrics come in coordinating groupings now, to make putting things together easier.

depending on the overall feel you're wanting, you can find warm jewel tones of burgundy, hunter green, navy and golds in heavier tapestries, or lighter cool tones of yellows & blues in cottons, etc etc. you're just going to have to get out there & see what's available to you. then pick paint colors for the walls last depending on the fabrics you find.

good luck!