Olive Green Bathroom Fixtures

Old 01-18-04, 05:57 PM
Irene
Visiting Guest
Red face Avocado Green Bathroom Fixtures HELP ME

I have these god awlful avocado green bathroom fixtures, (they in perfect shape) don't want to remove them, please help me choose paint colors to compliment these colours for counter top, tub surround, walls and flooring

I'm totally sick of that room help me please

P.S. Cannot afford to replace, just purchased the house last year.

Last edited by Irene; 01-19-04 at 07:40 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-04, 06:27 PM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Sounds like avacado. That was the big color in the early 70ís. Furniture, cars, appliances. Donít rule out replacing them. If you are going to the extent of replacing the floor, counter and surround, take it a few steps further. If not, no matter what colors you choose, youíll always notice the avacado.

Old 01-19-04, 05:03 AM
I'm moving this to the dcorators. They can help with colors.

Old 01-19-04, 08:41 AM
i'm afraid i have to agree with RichD......why do new counters and not just drop in a new sink while you're at it??? and replacing a toilet isn't that expensive, is it? tubs i'm not sure about.....but i am sure that you'll still hate that bathroom and you will have spent quite a bit of money (not to mention time and elbow grease) for all that other stuff - floors, wallpaper or paint, countertop, tub surround.....and you'll probably end up buying new towels & accessories. then what? you'll still hate it!!!!

the only other advice i have is to just find a wallpaper you like that has that olive green color in it. i just redid my kitchen/dining room and used a wallpaper that's got a mottled dark red background and grape clusters in a gold color with olive green ivy leaves and vines in it. it's gorgeous. not that you'd probably want grapes in your bathroom, but it would probably go with your fixtures perfectly! olive/avocado is really quite easy to find these days, so you should be able to find something you'll like for your bathroom. think "muddy" Fall colors - golds, dark reds, burnt oranges, chestnut, etc....

Old 01-19-04, 09:33 AM
Irene
Visiting Guest
Smile Avocado Bathroom Fixtures

Thanks Annette and Rich

Cannot replace for at least 3 years, had an estimated done to replace the fixtures - $2000.00 - out of the question. Will install my dream bath in 3-4 years and will have to live with avocado until then.

Your ideas for colors is interesting - i am decoratively challenged - so thanks for you help, will keep moderating the string for more ideas, but will start bringing those color chips you suggested home now.