can't find traffic signs to decorate my son's room!

Old 11-23-99, 04:29 PM
Visiting Guest
I am looking for traffic signs (real or imitation) to decorate my sons room. We live in Houston, Texas. Does anyone know where I can find some? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-23-99, 04:30 PM
Visiting Guest
Kathi:

Actually, it's good that you can't find them... the real ones anyway! Real traffic signs are city property, and you can be fined if you have them in your possesion.

Replicas can be found where most "tin advertising" signs are sold. I've even seen them at Wal-Mart. If you are serious and cannot locate them at Wal-Mart, you might do a search online for catalog companies that sell such items to corporations and shopping malls. Here at work, we get catalogs all the time for signs and products for our parking
lot. You can buy "2 hour parking", "no parking", "one way", "stop signs", etc. meant to be used in your parking lot. One company that I can think of is Seton Name Plate at 800-222-8464.

Old 12-10-99, 07:22 PM
Visiting Guest
Kathi - How about letting your child help make them out of felt. The signs could be personalized eg: the name of their school or "Joey crossing" etc. Put them up with Stick Um so they can be moved or new ones added at any time. I've heard they keep their rooms cleaner if they have invested time! Let me know if that works!

------------------

etcgallery.com

Old 01-08-00, 07:20 PM
Visiting Guest
Another idea is in a teachers supplies store. Many have them as a teaching aid for chidren to recognize signs as they ride their bikes etc.. I have also, seen stop lights that actually work in pawn shops. hope this helps, rogers wife marianne

Old 01-09-00, 08:42 AM
Visiting Guest
Hi, have you tried your local driving school, these places replace their old signs and that quite offten, also they can tell you where they get them from, I hope this helps a little, Handyman

------------------
Remember that your eyes are your windows on the world, so protect them!!