Decorative Mouldings

Old 06-29-00, 08:19 AM
Visiting Guest
Question

I have a new home with off white walls throughout. I'm ready to start adding some color to my walls. In my dining room I want to paint the wall above the chair rail with Ralph Lauren Sage Brush green. Below the chair rail I want to add picture frame moulding like I've seen in decorator show houses. Since all the trim in my house is Bright White I planned to paint the picture frame molding to match. My dilemma is, "What color do I paint the wall below the chair rail (behind and inside the picture frame moulding)?

Sponsored Links
Old 07-04-00, 08:53 AM
Visiting Guest
Question

What type of furniture? Does your house reflect a certain style that might help with your decision?? One idea might be a softened version of the same green color.

Old 07-15-00, 09:54 PM
Visiting Guest
You might want to try using wallpaper instead of paint. It would give a really nice effect.

Old 08-01-00, 10:00 AM
Visiting Guest
I would keep th lower part of the wall light. How about rag rolling with a glaze and 2 shades of cream inside the boxes and white outside the boxes? Also consider how much of the lower part of the wall is going to be seen. I know in some rooms between all the doorways, and furniture against the walls, you might cover up the majority of the wall.