Pine Cones

Old 07-07-00, 10:34 AM
Visiting Guest
I have a bunch of pine cones and was wondering if anyone had any ideas what I could do with them? I would like to use them as decorations! But...I am not interested in making a wreath!

Sponsored Links
Old 07-07-00, 11:07 AM
Visiting Guest
Cool

You can use them natural color, or spray paint them any color under the rainbow. Just make sure that they are good and dry, and opened up fully. Then put them in arrangements, or in a bowl by themselves (I'm going on what my wife does here, so don't ask me any questions. lol) Good Luck!

Old 08-02-00, 12:10 PM
Visiting Guest
What about using them as ends on curtain rods? In one room, I have tree branches as curtain rods, with big pine cones as end pieces. You could also use dowel rods instead of branches & paint the whole thing to match.

Old 08-08-00, 02:47 PM
Visiting Guest
As a gift, I was given a basket filled with pine cones and shiney plastic apples, with a short strand of clear lights (i.e., the small Christmas lights) entertwined among the pine cones and apples. It is very pretty when plugged in. The gift was all the more beautiful because the pine cones came from the tree where my deceased grandmother used to live.