Paint Color Suggestions

Old 10-30-00, 08:26 AM
Visiting Guest
Question

Wow! Do I love this site! It only took 2 days and 7 hours to find..hehe! I've painted my living room in Behr (home depot) Griffin (a golden colour) and African accents. My kitchen adjoins and I have a Red Tissued Accent Wall between the two. I am decorating both rooms with black and rattan (wicker) and in the kitchen I'm also using steel accents. My problem is picking a colour to paint my walls and cupboards (they're currently melamine cream - yuck). I'm thinking of a deep green for some of the colour. I have two big windows so I have lots of light. What about a mirage of colours? Some drawers/cupboards green, some red, some silver and the griffin from the living room? There is already black trim and door fixtures. What does everyone think? Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Old 11-09-00, 03:04 AM
Visiting Guest
Why not incorperate a few of the colours you have already used, by painting a simple african design onto your kitchen cupboards.
Easily achieved with a stencil or some masking tape.

Old 11-09-00, 10:35 AM
Visiting Guest
What about black cupboards? I have all black cabinets and appliances with stainless countertops and I love it! (People are going to tell you they've never seen black cabinets before but they'll love them) Painting the drawer fronts and doors in so many different colors might make it look too busy. Any of the colors you mentioned would be good on the walls. Go for it!

Old 11-13-00, 08:51 PM
Visiting Guest
Wink

Hey thanks u two for the great suggestions...maybe black cupboards with stencilled african designs? hmmmmmm...got me thinking now...thanks for your responses.
Pinky