What to do with dual space split by arch

Old 03-24-04, 04:55 PM
ukmatt
Visiting Guest
What to do with dual space split by arch

Hi,

Our home layout is as follows: The front door opens directly into a joined lounge/dining room space. The door is on center and opens into the 'dining room' half. The lounge is to the left.

Separating the two spaces is a sort of arch (sorry - no idea what you call this construction!): there is a narrow (1 or 2 foot deep) wall on either side of the room and joining those together is an 'arch' that consists of an angled span: If you turn this: \_/ upside down and make the angles shallower, that's the shape of the arch!

Finally, to my questions: We are considering painting the dining room a separate color from the living room (to split the space a bit more) and as far as I can tell, we still need to pick complementary colors as you can always see one room from the other. Secondly, how to we get the colors to meet? One option is to paint the face of the joining walls/archway in one of the two colors; another is to match the face of those walls with the ceiling/baseboard white color.

I am sorry if that is confusing... when I get in there next I will try to take a picture.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Matt

Old 03-24-04, 06:27 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
This is a recent thread where we discussed what color to paint an arched doorway. Maybe this will shed some light on the subject.

Well apparently the forums won't let me post a hyperlink, so copy and paste the link below:

http://forum.doityourself.com/showth...398#post565398

Old 03-25-04, 10:08 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
i always vote for painting the archway white (ie ceiling & trim color).

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: