Dorm room

Old 07-10-04, 06:37 AM
greenabsinthia
Visiting Guest
Dorm room

I'm a college student living in an off-campus dorm. My room is a mess, no style what so ever. But luckly I'm moving to another room, with my own kitchen, in a few months and I'll have the chance to really make an amizing room. I need some advice. I once saw an amazing house in a sort of New Orleans style with a touch of shappy chic...anyway, I loved it, but I haven't been able to find anything similar + I'm on a budget. So if anybody could give me some tips and maybe some links please write me back.

Old 07-13-04, 11:28 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
what's New Orleans style? can you describe it?

Old 07-21-04, 09:30 AM
greenabsinthia
Visiting Guest
Originally Posted by Annette
what's New Orleans style? can you describe it?
As far as I know New Orleans style is a mix of a rustic and ethnic style, warm vibrant colours and there is also something mystic about it. Sorry I'm not very good at describing things

Old 07-21-04, 09:36 AM
Question

I see..........so what's your question?

Old 07-21-04, 01:10 PM
mixmutt
Visiting Guest
walker, orleans ranger

i believe i saw what you're looking for on Trading Spaces once.. lots of warm colors with black accents. almost bordering on gothic castle style. on thing they did that was new & interesting was basically a giant lattice on the wall with 1" black ribbon. think old leaded glass on a big scale. it really adds to that "old world" feel.
i dunno, just a thought.

Old 07-22-04, 08:33 AM
greenabsinthia
Visiting Guest
That is exactly what I'm looking for, but I have no idea ow to do it so it doesnt look like a big mess. I haven't a clue where to begin, and it's kind of hard to get started when I haven't seen the room yet.

Old 07-22-04, 10:03 AM
Trading Spaces is on the TLC channel. go to The Learning Channel's website, under Trading Spaces, and you might find that episode. if so, you'll find pictures of the room & you can start replicating it.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: