Trayed Ceiling Coordination

Old 08-16-04, 07:07 PM
AndrewKlear
Visiting Guest
Question Trayed Ceiling Coordination

Greetings all. I have recently painted the walls and trim in the main room of my home using a dark blue for the walls and a blue a few shades lighter for the trim. The room feels inclomplete, primarily due to the contrast of the plain white of the trayed ceiling. I stopped the blue at the wall/ceiling joint. The ceiling makes it's way in @ 3', almost like a shelf, and has a 6" tall facing. The uppermost section of the tray is 2' above that. Any ideas? Also, the windows seem out of place, using the same white as the ceiling. My thought was to paint them the same color as one of the ceiling sections, to tie everything together. As you can tell, this is not my day job. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Old 08-17-04, 04:28 AM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Paint the tray same colr as walls

What I've found that works really well is to paint the tray (high part of celing) the same color as the walls. Don't go to a different shade - use the same color.

Old 08-17-04, 10:07 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
you could also keep all the horizontal ceiling surfaces white, and just paint the vertical "wall" parts of the tray one of the blue colors. either will work, but i'd opt for the lighter shade.

the trim around the windows should be painted the same as the rest of the trim.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: