Outlet covers

Old 09-07-04, 11:24 AM
Millipede
Visiting Guest
Outlet covers

My living room and dining room are both very dark colors, with white trim and ceilings. I decided to leave the lightswitch and outlet covers white, but now I'm rethinking that choice.

I like the white switchplates, because having them stand out seems to work. But I can't make up my mind about the outlets. The ones in the living room are mostly hidden by furniture. The ones in the dining room are not hidden at all.

Opinions?

- Millipede

Old 09-07-04, 11:34 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
if your walls are wallpapered, then i'd cover them (and the switchplates) with the wallpaper, exactly matching the pattern.

but if the walls are just painted, i wouldn't paint them. painted covers look weird. however, you could change them to something less contrasting, like maybe brass or nickel or wood, etc - whatever would work in your space.

whatever you do, i'd treat both the outlets & switchplates the same.

Old 09-08-04, 07:07 AM
Millipede
Visiting Guest
The walls are painted, not wallpaper.

I should have mentioned that I already have a decorative pewter lightswitch cover in the dining room, so matching the outlet covers isn't possible. I suppose I could do brushed nickel covers, which would sort of match (the furniture is pewter-look as well).

- Millipede

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: