help with color

Old 09-27-04, 09:38 AM
norma110
Visiting Guest
Unhappy help with color

hi all

can someone please let me know, what color i should use on my living room walls? i have a hunter green rug and i can't seem to find a color match

Thanks

Old 09-27-04, 10:47 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question

it depends on more than that! what colors are in your furnishings? sofa, chairs, draperies, artwork, accessories? what colors are on the walls in the adjoining rooms? does the room get a lot of light? what mood/feeling/style are you wanting? cool? warm? country? contemporary?

need more info!

Old 09-27-04, 12:38 PM
norma110
Visiting Guest
color

hi,

its an empty room i have not bought any furnture yet

Thanks

Old 09-27-04, 12:55 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
buy some "stuff" first, then paint.

paint is available in absolutely ANY color you can possibly want, all at the same price! your choices are limitless. everything else is limited - by colors, patterns, price, etc.

at least buy a sofa & chair (or whatever main pieces you'll want). then look for draperies. or area rug. or artwork. THEN pull out a color from those things & paint.

otherwise, if you really want to paint an empty room with green carpet, then just go with taupe, or cream, etc.

think about it this way: what if you decide you want a peach & green (for example) color scheme. what shade of peach would you pick? and if you were even ABLE to decide on one shade from a limitless rainbow of choices, now you're locked into that exact color of peach. then, you go to find a floral sofa (for example) - good luck finding one in the style you want, containing the exact color of peach & green you need, at a price you want to pay, etc..... can't you just see yourself wishing you'd waited to paint? especially if, while you're out shopping for that peach & green sofa, you spy a fabulous to-die-for green, navy & burgundy (for example) plaid sofa! you'd be kicking yourself for committing to peach so soon, for no real good reason!!!

please wait to paint til you have something, ANYthing, in the room to work from!

what do you have in the rest of the house - in the adjoining rooms? surely there's something somewhere that you can draw inspiration from. or is this the first room you're tackling in a whole-house remodel?

Old 10-12-04, 08:56 AM
jkwoodard9661
Visiting Guest
Wink

i think a taupe would look really nice

Last edited by Annette; 10-12-04 at 09:02 AM. Reason: clarification

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: