what goes with Wood Paneling

Old 09-28-04, 02:05 PM
Bronfan7
Visiting Guest
Question what goes with Wood Paneling

What colors go good with a dark wood panel. I am trying to redecorate my church sanctuary and the entire place is wood panelling with dark wood trim. I would like to brighten the place up. our chairs are a light mauve and our carpet is a mauve color, with a blue stage. we have a wood piano. besides that information I don't know what colors go good. Thank you

Old 09-29-04, 11:21 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
colors FOR what? i don't understand what exactly you're doing. are you wanting to reupholster the mauve chairs or change the blue stage? if not, and you're not wanting to paint the paneling, what is it that you're planning to do?

Old 09-29-04, 11:24 AM
Bronfan7
Visiting Guest
I'm wanting to paint the trim a different color and possible some accent walls. but I would like to avoid painting the wood. this is a very large room.

Old 09-29-04, 11:34 AM
is the "dark" trim stained or painted now?

and, do you have some paneled walls & some regular walls? or all paneling?

Old 09-29-04, 02:16 PM
Bronfan7
Visiting Guest
I think

I think it is painted, because it's like a rough cedar you would put on the outside of a house

Old 09-29-04, 02:25 PM
so, all 4 walls in the space are stained paneling?

Old 10-01-04, 06:27 AM
Bronfan7
Visiting Guest
Well..........hope this helps

When you walk in the room, the back wall is painted an off white/tan then to your right the entire wall is dark wood pannelling with rough dark stained trim where the seams are with large 10ft. windows with off white window shades. this wall is about 15-18ft tall, the wall to the left has panelling about 10ft up with office doors which are stained a dark wood color, and about the panelling the same color off white/light tan is about the wood panneling with the same dark stained trim, the front (where the stage is) is the wood panneling with a drywall wall in the middle boxed out with the same off white/light tan color painted in there the ceiling slopes like an upside down V from the door you walk in to the wall you look at, so the the door wall you walk in and the one you look at are about 10ft, while the left and right peak at about 18ft. the ceiling is white ceiling tiles, with some brass ceiling fans. if you would like I can take a picture this sunday and e-mail it to you on Monday. Thanks for all your time on this.

Old 10-01-04, 07:06 AM
it sounds very choppy, dark & dated. i know you didn't want to paint the paneling, but i think it would go a looooong way in helping to update, freshen & brighten up the space. i think i'd start off by painting all the walls & paneling the same color, to unify the different materials & make the space seem open & airy. if there is a focal point of some sort (maybe that middle drywall section?) you could paint that an accent color.

what about this: painting all the trim, woodwork & doors white or cream, and all the walls an extremely pale version of the mauve, and then the accent area (wherever that is) a darker-than-the-floor mauve (almost plum or burgundy)?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: