Tri trayed ceiling help

Old 09-30-04, 11:34 AM
Mommyx4
Visiting Guest
Tri trayed ceiling help

We just bought our first home and I have tri layered tray ceilings in the master bedroom, the previous owner had only a ceiling fan/light fixture(plain white) in the room, currently the walls are this creamy taupe color with white wood trim around the baseboards, the door and etc the walls have this combed raised array of fan shapes in the molding. My problem is I dream of and promised that once we got the house we would have this lush, somewhat comforting, inviting haven away from it all type of bediour. You know rich drawing you in kind of look, I intend to use warm garnet colored drapes and pewter finales on the curtain rods but after that I'm lost on artwork, wall colors should I paint or do I wallpaper and what do I do with the ceiling your eyes are automatically drawn upward when you enter. Every room in the house has a tray ceiling of some type, from the office area to the kids rooms. HELP ME someone!!!

Old 10-01-04, 07:21 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Number 1: Congratulations on your new home!!!
and Number 2: CALM DOWN!!!!!

seriously, it's just decorating!!!

okay........the tray ceilings ARE very cool! for the most part, they just need to be accented a little with varying shades of other colors used in the room. in the kids' rooms, depending on the height of the "steps", they are a great area to be decorated with borders, stencils or appliques. in your master bedroom, however, i'd keep it a little more sophisticated. you can paint the tray areas each a graduated shade of the wall color to accentuate them. you can also apply some raised molding details to them, or just paint/stencil them with a design/pattern taken from the bedding and/or drapery fabric.

you've already picked out draperies, or you just know kind of what you want for them? i ask because it will be much easier to pick out your bedding first, and then find draperies to match. then pick out your paint color/s and accessories.

bedding is the hardest thing to find, so start with that and then build from there.

Old 10-02-04, 05:25 PM
Mommyx4
Visiting Guest
I have the curtains and the bedding is on order from the foleys catalog so I am starting from there, Thank you so much for helping this gives me some ideas to build on.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: