It All Seems To Run Into Each Other

Old 10-05-04, 03:31 PM
Mommyx4
Visiting Guest
It All Seems To Run Into Each Other

Hi there everyone, well I have more questions, our home has an entry way with two rooms that are directly across from one another and there are door ways but no doors to separate them so when I paint do I need to keep in all in the same family grouping. Because as soon as you enter the house you see both rooms and looking straight ahead you see into the kitchen/dining room area. Right now I am focusing on the living room as hubby has agreed to start here as he wants to renovate upstairs sort of. So For our living room I have furnishing that have a green,taupe,brick thread weave, the accent pillows have leaves, color blocks of the brick color(maybe a purplish color) green and then taupe. I would like to utilize a green that is called green marble. As it blends well with the furniture and use the suede technique on the walls, of course we have a two tiered tray ceiling in here also. The room is relatively small as is the room adjacent to it. I also have to move my husbands numerous awards and memorbilia into the adjacent room as its used as a computer/office area, and he wants this room to be patriotic.. HELP do I have to keep the colors in the same scheme or what can I do and still use the green I love?

Old 10-06-04, 10:00 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
i think you can do your living room in the green. and since the LR has reddish accents, i think you can do the opposite room (office) in the patriot theme, but focus more on the reds & creams & taupes, and keep the blues to a minimum (as much as possible). either paint the walls the cream or red or taupe, and only have blue as accents in accessories.

the entry should remain neutral so as to not fight with the other rooms. maybe you could do it in the cream, as well as the office. or possibly, the entry in cream, and office in a top/bottom combo using cream as one of them, with the red on the other.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: