painting dilemma

Old 10-09-04, 04:57 AM
michelle1
Visiting Guest
Exclamation painting dilemma

hi, we have decided to paint our livingroom walls a maple sugar color and the carpet will be a deep maroon or burgundy . the furniture is hunter green. my question is what color to paint the kitchen , the cabinets are oak and the floor will be oak as well. also the hallway which continues from the kitchen. i want the 3 rooms to blend well. Also, do i paint the ceiling the same color as the walls. thanks.

Last edited by michelle1; 10-14-04 at 12:19 PM. Reason: mistake
Old 10-11-04, 11:45 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
questions:

1. what color is maple sugar??? tan? taupe? khaki? ecru? mauve? sorry....i'm drawing a blank!!!

2. is there ANY pattern anywhere? there must be something multi-colored somewhere that you can pull some colors from....???

i would keep the ceilings all the same color, whatever that will be. it will help to unify the different spaces.

please give more info on 1 & 2 and we'll go from there!!!

Old 10-14-04, 12:23 PM
michelle1
Visiting Guest
Post answer to annette's questions

#1 maple sugar is a deep deep yellow almost with a brown tinge to it.
#2 there are pillows in my living room that already have these colors in it. as for the kitchen, the chairs have material on them with colors of blue, greys, whites, purples and reds. other than this the rest of the house is basically solid( no patterns) hope this helps and thanks again

Old 10-14-04, 03:56 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
i like the color scheme you've got going so far - the burgundy, gold & hunter - but the fabric on the kitchen chairs seems out of place - is it staying? it's all very warm, the colors & the woods, but then the chairs are white, blue, purple, GRAY, red??? hmmm.....if these rooms are all open to each other, they need to blend. what kind of pattern is this fabric & what's the primary/background color? is it just the seats & can they be recovered?

with such strong colors in the LR, i'd almost lean toward carrying the same gold color (or maybe a lighter shade of it) into the kitchen, too, or else going with a multi-colored patterned wallpaper in the kitchen (maybe something similar to the pattern on your pillows?). you wouldn't want to introduce another color, and something like hunter or burgundy will be too mixy-matchy & choppy. the gold color would be beautiful with your wood cabinets. you could accent with different colors in the little rugs you'll probably put down in there & window treatments, placemats, etc. maybe a border?

Old 10-15-04, 01:33 PM
michelle1
Visiting Guest
thanks

thankyou annette for your response. your right , the fabric on the kitchen chairs will have to go! We are hoping to change the kitchen set to a wood set eventually. We were a little afraid of putting the gold in the kitchen, but you make it sound beautiful. thankyou thankyou thankyou.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: