Painting Project

Old 10-11-04, 12:56 PM
kht999
Visiting Guest
Painting Project

Hi,
Me and my husband has decided to take on the project of painting ourselves instead of paying someone, and I want to make sure the colors I pick flow. We have a split level home and I would like to paint my living room and connecting hallway one color and my kitchen and its connecting hallway one color. I really want my kitchen to be like a butter yellow. This is currently my color scheme; all white walls except in the kitchen with wallpaper and border. (mauve, blue and green) Navy blue carpet throughout the house that will be repaced with some form of hardwoods after painting project is complete. The kitchen floor is white with very small floral designs in blue, mauve and green. The kithcen cabinets are white with kind of a pink tint. We are going to remove the wallpaper. Can anyone advise?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-04, 10:48 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
need more info

what's your question? are you asking for a color to paint your LR that will go with a butter yellow kitchen? because your choices are almost unlimited! give us some more to go on.....like upholstery or draperies that you'll keep & need to work with, or what kind of look you're wanting (cool & cheery, or warm & cozy?).

Old 10-14-04, 01:21 PM
kht999
Visiting Guest
My house is soooooooo plain. The living room has a paisley sofa with the same colors blue, mauve and green only a little darker with hints of gold and two gold chairs. So, yes I would like color ideas that would go with the butter yellow and any other suggestions you may have. (warm and cozy)

Thanks

Old 10-14-04, 02:46 PM
well then, i'd say your choices are blue, mauve, green or gold!

you can probably eliminate the mauve for the LR wall color, just because....well....ick! and blue & mauve is rather 80's and now seems dated. so that leaves the blue or green, both of which would play nicely off the kitchen yellow. if you went with a light blue, it would look good with the navy carpet for the time being, until you change it out to wood floors. a darker, richer version of the kitchen yellow would work and be more monochromatic. and the green would work, too, although an entirely green room seems really green, unless it's a very grayed, sagey green.

personally, i'm leaning more towards the blue. i love blue & yellow and all the shades of either.

your thoughts?

Old 10-19-04, 12:10 PM
kht999
Visiting Guest
Thanks

Hi Annette,
I think I like the blue and yellow idea as well.

Thanks so much for your help.
Kaye

Old 10-19-04, 12:17 PM
Thumbs up

you're welcome!

and please post back to let us all know how it turns out!!!

P.S. if you need technical help with the painting itself, post your questions in the Painting forum - the pro's there would be happy to help you!

good luck & have fun!