LIving Room Redo

Old 02-25-05, 06:33 AM
Magic41870
Visiting Guest
LIving Room Redo

We are in the process of redoing our living room and I am at a stand still. Some elements have been chosen. Williamsburg Cherry laminate flooring will be installed. The couch is blue and is being covered with a denim cover. We have cherry end tables and curio cabinet. I'm replacing the oak entertainment center with a cherry armoire. My husband likes a light wood, and I love the look of cherry and mahogany.

My problem is paint color. I like the taupe color, but I also like slate. I don't want anything super dark. But I also want things to kind of blend with the kitchen. Sitting on the sofa, you look directly through the kitchen door. The bottom of the walls kitchen walls are Fabulous Red, the top is white. Oak cabinets, backsplace is white tile with black accents in it.

Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated. Thanks!

Old 02-25-05, 06:47 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
i'm confused!!!

welcome to diy.com!

let me see if i've got this straight:

you're putting cherry floors & furniture in the living room, when you've got oak cabinets in the adjoining kitchen? what's the woodwork/trim in this house?

is all the cherry furniture the dark cherry? or the light unfinished cherry? is it formal styled or casual? how does the blue denim fit in?

and for the LR walls you're considering taupe or slate.....is slate like gray? and the kitchen is bright red & white?

hmmm.....

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: