Apartment color scheme

Old 08-10-05, 06:58 AM
Austingirl
Visiting Guest
Apartment color scheme

I am moving into an apartment with an open kitchen-dining-living room layout. The kitchen cabinets are white and there are lot of windows throughout the area. The walls are painted white and I wanted to paint them a color to make the apartment look bigger, elegant and still maintain the brightness of the windows. The furniture we have is covered with slip covers that are a nuetral camel color with red/cranberry pillows that I can always switch out. The coffee table and end tables are the dark painted brown wood seen in pottery barn and the dining table is clear glass with black wrought iron and neutral being cushions. What would be the best option for an apartment like this? Should I paint it all one color? paint the kitchen one color and the rest a different?

Old 08-10-05, 08:23 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
look in the pottery barn catalogs (or online) and see what they've done. replicate what you find that you like. your options are REALLY open. i don't think you need to paint all one color. it's so open & has such good light that i wouldn't worry about any colors, light or dark, one or several, making the space seem small. don't worry about big & small. just make it look fabulous.

before deciding on a final wall color though, you might want to pick out curtains first, or an area rug if you need one, or placemats, or something. paint can be tweeked really easily, whereas finding these other items is a little more difficult as selections are more limited. you just might find inspiration for your entire color scheme in a multi-colored striped placemat - you never know.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: