teenager room

Old 08-24-05, 11:15 AM
mariohollerspg
Visiting Guest
Question teenager room

Hi, im a guy who wants to re-decorate his room, but i'm having problems with the painting...My room is not too big, it has a big wall (well, the biggest in the room), 2 medium size walls and a very small amount of wall (because it shares the space with the door and the closet), so I don´t know haw to paint them, i´d like to use bold colors like yellow, a bright hue of green, orange, i like tourquoise also, i was thinking about painting the larger wall which receives all the light from the window with yellow for lighting the room up, or maybe with green, but i don´t know whata do with the other 3 walls... i can only think about white but i want more contrast in my walls, i also thought about painting orange the small one and letting the 2 left in white...but i´m not sure...Coud you give me your opinion or ideas? please

Old 08-24-05, 01:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what's your bedding (comforter/bedspread/etc)?? if you'll be getting new stuff, i'd find that first, and then decide on what paint colors will match best. if, for example, you could find a multi-colored striped bedspread (or plaid, or polka dot, etc), then you could choose 4 of the colors from the pattern and use one for each wall. however, this will make your room seem smaller than if you just painted one color on every wall, but is making it look larger really your main objective? because it shouldn't be. do whatever you think looks cool.

to get ideas, search online stores that sell bedding, like this .

Last edited by Annette; 08-24-05 at 01:26 PM.
Old 08-25-05, 11:07 AM
C
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here's another thought...what about going with a solid colored quilt/comforter, and then painting your walls with horizontal stripes in the colors you're talking about?

You could do a background 'main' color of a medium blue, and then some horizontal stripes (about 16-20 inches or so wide, or varying widths) in the other colors you've mentioned (yellow, orange, green) going all the way around the room.

Have you ever watched ***** Eye for the Straight Guy? Thom, the decorator on that show, often uses this technique. It looks great. Very funky, very hip.

Then you could go with a solid blue or green (or whatever) comforter. Pick one of the stripe colors from the wall.

Check these out....http://www.domestications.com/parent...ame=Comforters
I'm picturing the aloha blue/green one for your room! I've purchased comforters from this place before, and they're just fine. And certainly priced right!

The nice thing about this, too, is that it isn't a 'pattern' and so it won't compete with any other decorations/accessories/patterns in the room.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: