Need all around help with colors/decorating

Old 10-07-05, 01:50 PM
jerseyjg
Visiting Guest
Need all around help with colors/decorating

HI,

We are in the process of finishing new construction on a family/great room and I desperatly need help. My 1st problem is how to arrange the furniture (I am going to be buying all new and hoping to purchase a comfy couch in hopefully a dark brown w/ tan piping. I have 2 light tan leather recliners that will probably be used in this room. I plan on putting down a medium brown hard wood flooring with a light border. I would like to have a rug in front of the couch and thinking about doing another sitting around around the fireplace area, which will be done in a mixture of tan field stone. I don't want to go country. The room size is 24' X 24' with 14' cathederal ceilings.

I would appreciate any ideas on how to layout this room and color choices for wall colors, heck I was even thinking about making the fireplace wall the accent wall and do it a shade darker, just need help colors - Thanks!

Old 10-11-05, 10:49 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
well, sorry, i can't help you with furniture layout without a floor plan. if you want to give more precise dimensions using "north, south, east, west" to describe the walls, and then tell where windows & doors are located & how wide they are & how much space in between, maybe we can help with layout.

everything sounds good so far with your colors (sofa, leather, wood, fireplace) but you need to introduce some color for the walls (unless you'd be happy with all earthy brown neutrals. if that's the case, then i'd suggest keeping the walls a warm brown color that works with everything else & maybe using some black to anchor it all & add some contrast). so, if you do want some color, what colors do you like? what colors are being used in the adjoining room/s?

you say you don't want country, but you don't say what you DO want!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: