there's pink in my kitchen

Old 11-27-05, 02:51 PM
cottagechic
Visiting Guest
there's pink in my kitchen

I want to paint my walls in the kitchen. The Corian countertops are a light pink with dark brown trim. The cabinetry is white and the flooring has cream squares trimmed in various shades of mauve. There is also a white chair rail around the room. The kitchen receives a large amount of natural light. I would like the room to be warm and inviting. What colors should I consider? The pink is really throwing me!!!

Old 11-28-05, 09:34 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forums!

hmmm.......pink counters, white cabinets and a cream/mauve floor? well, you could use the brown on the walls & that would make the cabinets pop out, yet it would be very warm & cozy. maybe make it more interesting by doing a tone on tone stripe or mottling the brown with the cream and/or pink.

or if you found a fabric with the pink, brown & some other colors, you could use one of the other colors. read the Stickie Note at the top of this topic for tips on finding an inspiration piece versus trying to pick a color out of thin air, which is much harder.

Old 11-29-05, 04:27 AM
highlander
Visiting Guest
I agree with sticking to the brown and creams - two colors I've used and like a lot: 1. Cinnimon Spice with 2. Haze (the are the names of the Behr paints at Home depot, but anything close will do). The Haze is cream but has the slightest bit of pink (pretty unnoticable).

Of course, if you can afford it, I'd replace anything with pink completely!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: