Painting Help

Old 01-09-06, 08:58 AM
I
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Painting Help

Hi. We are getting ready to install a chair rail and picture moulding wainscoting (rectangles below the chair rail) in our dining room. I am going to paint the walls red, but have some questions regarding what should be painted. Do you paint the entire wall red and leave the rail and moulding white? Do you paint the wall above the chair rail and leave everything else white? Please help! Also, the rest of the downstairs is a tan/mocha color; should I use that instead of all white?

Thanks,
Design Challenged

Old 01-09-06, 11:42 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
i've seen it both ways. i prefer the more classic way: to paint the wall above the chair rail one color, and then everything below that (meaning the chair rail, the picture moulding, the wall, the baseboard and all the casings around doors & windows) the trim color (like white).

Also, the rest of the downstairs is a tan/mocha color; should I use that instead of all white?
i'm not sure what you mean by that. do you mean, instead of the red, should you use the tan? or are you talking about trim color? or what?

i think all the trim in a house should be the same. it creates flow from one room to the next and allows you to use different wall colors. and i love red for dining room walls.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: