Kitchen paint color

Old 01-23-06, 10:35 AM
K
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Kitchen paint color

I am looking to strip my old wallpaper and paint my kitchen. I have dark blue countertops, natural oak cabinets and white appliances. My floor is light grey marble ceramic tiles...any suggestions what color I could go with?

Old 01-23-06, 12:43 PM
we really need more information, like what colors are used in the adjoining rooms? what color are your dishes? is there anything to base a wall color decision on, or are you changing the entire house around what you do in the kitchen?

Old 01-23-06, 01:02 PM
K
adjoining rooms

Hi Annette,

My ajoining walls are a caramel color, which is my dining room, and the other room adjoining the kitchen is old gold, the color of my dishes are blue, but that is not a factor, I have been considering buying new countertop as well, but if I can make a color work with the blue countertop I will leave it for awhile longer. The kitchen is not huge, it is 12x12, with an open staircase leading into it, the color of the staircase is light grey now, the same as the bottom of my kitchen walls, and the other half of my kitchen walls are wallpapered, I could send you a picture. Hope this helps!

Last edited by Annette; 01-23-06 at 01:40 PM. Reason: removed quote - unnecessary
Old 01-23-06, 01:39 PM
if it were me, i'd rewallpaper. it seems like you could use some pattern in there, to bring the golds & blues together. i can't think of one solid color that would be very interesting. i like wallpaper in kitchens because usually all the surrounding rooms are pretty large (too large) to wallpaper, and they're just painted. kitchens usually have little wall spaces which are good for wallpaper, so the pattern doesn't overwhelm you, but yet it's interesting and it does bring together the overall color scheme of the home.

what's up there now that you're ripping down?

Old 01-23-06, 02:54 PM
K
Wallpaper

Hi Annette,
It is white paper with with two different types of small flowers and like a blue ribbon coming down between them, the flowers are burgandy, gold and leaves are green, I have a nice border down on the bottom, which is halfway, the border is kitchen angels with all the same colors, with blue outline. This paper was in here when we bought the house 6 years ago but with a different border, I changed the border about 4 years ago, I still like it, it is just that you get tired of it. I have redone every room in the house, but the kitchen, but maybe I will have a look at some of the different wallpapers, I just am not a big fan of wallpaper.
Originally Posted by Annette
if it were me, i'd rewallpaper. it seems like you could use some pattern in there, to bring the golds & blues together. i can't think of one solid color that would be very interesting. i like wallpaper in kitchens because usually all the surrounding rooms are pretty large (too large) to wallpaper, and they're just painted. kitchens usually have little wall spaces which are good for wallpaper, so the pattern doesn't overwhelm you, but yet it's interesting and it does bring together the overall color scheme of the home.

what's up there now that you're ripping down?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: