Stucco on the fireplace?

Old 02-24-06, 02:27 PM
N
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Stucco on the fireplace?

Not sure how it’s going to come out… thought I’d ask someone’s opinion first. I have an ugliest looking brick fireplace I’ve ever seen, one of those track home fireplaces, just straight up nothing more. I want to get rid of the brick or actually was thinking of covering it with stucco. Room is mostly in the earth tones, with wood floor and oak trim windows. Since I have some of the man made stone left from my other project (Eldorado stone) http://www.eldoradostone.com/flashsite/
I was going to incorporate a few stones maybe 12 – 18 stones into the stucco so it gives an impression of the old wall or at least not just textured stucco. Any ideas, opinions on that?

Thanks!,

Old 02-24-06, 02:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
it depends on the look/style you're going for.

stucco by itself can look either contemporary, sleek & clean-lined, or if the corners are softly rounded, Southwestern.

all stone can seem country, French country, traditional, lodgey, etc.

stucco with a few stones here & there will appear very old & distressed, as if it had once been stone and then stucco'd over, and now the stucco is falling away, sort of Old World. (instead of just here & there, you might consider edging with the stones & using the stucco on the middle area).

so, depending on the style you're wanting, choose the appropriate materials or combination.

Old 02-26-06, 10:38 PM
N
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
thanks!

Thanks A lot Annette!

I might reconsider after all & go with some kind of naturall stone on the whole surface.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: